Thursday, November 10, 2016

"California Winter"

"California Winter"
36" x 36" Oil on Canvas
© Monique Straub
Palm fronds rustling in the warm Santa Ana breeze, skies clear and bright, and the deep blue of the ocean...November in San Diego. I'm a native San Diegan, and I've never lived anywhere else. When I had my studio in Balboa Park, I was always surprised by the occasional comments of mid-westerners seeing a palm tree for the first time in amazement. They're everywhere here, like big weeds, but oh so fun to paint. I'm currently working on a series of palms in desert and coastal settings, and many have found new homes!

"California Winter" is painted on a 36" x 36" gallery wrapped canvas, sides painted black, offered here ready to hang and enjoy. Updated 4/15/17: This painting SOLD.

No comments: