Thursday, February 23, 2017

"Poppy Magic"

"Poppy Magic"
20" x 20" Oil on Gallery Canvas
© Monique Straub
I was recently invited by Adelman Fine Art to paint "live" in front of the gallery, as a represented artist in their current show "Landscape & Bloom." Being that I'm primarily a "studio" painter, and not necessarily much of a "performer," panic ensued! Dusting off my little used plein air easel, and packing the necessary paint and brushes, I checked and rechecked my supplies and off I went. Now that it's over, and the trauma has subsided, I'm happy to report that I had a wonderful time and met a lot of great folks. This is really only the second time I've painted outdoors, with the first time being at the San Diego County Fair Plein Air Contest last July, which was also lots of fun and something I plan on doing again this year.

"Poppy Magic" is the fruit of my sidewalk effort, with final touches completed back in the studio. Painted in oil on 1-1/2" depth gallery wrapped canvas, sides painted black. Offered here ready to hang and enjoy, you can purchase here and have it shipped to your door, or purchase here and pick up at my Art on 30th studio and I will refund the shipping fee. Updated 5/4/17: Sold...to a local collector!

No comments: